There are several documents you will need when applying for a mortgage. Knowing what these documents are and having them prepared ahead of time will help the entire process move along quickly and smoothly.
- Government issued identification
- SIN number
Assets and Liabilities
Approval will depend on your ability to afford your monthly payments. Assets such as balances in savings and checking accounts, RRSP and investments balances, vehicles you own as well as other properties combined with liabilities including: other mortgages, credit cards and loans will decide your ability to make these payments..
- 3 years history of amount of rent paid and corresponding addresses
- Information on any other properties you own
- Information regarding the property you plan on purchasing including any monthly strata fees, property taxes, heating source, MLS listing and address, closing costs etc.
Employment and Income Proof
- Tax documents: T4, T1 general, Notice of Assessment
- Letter of Employment stating employment conditions: hourly/salary wage, any probation conditions, tenure of employment and job title
- Any other information regarding other course of income. These can include but are not limited to: settlement payments, disability payments, alimony, government grants such as child tax benefits, bonuses paid by employers or recent changes in such arrangements that could increase your income.
- 3 months of bank statements, savings and/or checking account
- Most recent RRSP & investment statements – verification of transfer
- Gift letter for gifted down payment from an immediate family member and confirmation of the deposit
- Source of borrowed funds. For example: Line of Credit/Credit Card (if qualified)
- For yourself, your lawyer and your realtor.
- If you do not have a realtor or lawyer chosen, Cheryl Wiles mortgages can assist you with all of these needs.